Give to AARS, the Rhodes Trust or Oxford?

Donate to
the AARS

Donate to The Rhodes Trust or Other Oxford Entities

Why give to AARS?
Connecting, Sharing, Extending

For most of us, being elected a Rhodes Scholar opened doors and new vistas. The Rhodes experience changed and enriched our lives. The only way AARS can begin to accomplish its mission - connecting Rhodes Scholars, sharing experiences, extending perspectives - is through the generosity of its members. Contributions constitute nearly 80 percent of the funding for AARS activities; dues make up the remaining 20 percent. Neither the Rhodes Trust nor the American Secretary’s office provides any financial support to AARS.

Without contributions, AARS would not be able to update the directory information, publish class letters and The American Oxonian, plan and host the Bon Voyage weekend for the Scholars-elect, organize reunions and other events, keep this website current, and support the Eastman Professorship. Volunteers are important, but paid staff and outside suppliers make it easier for volunteers to be involved and are necessary to provide these services.

Not only are your contributions essential to AARS, your contributions will be fully deductible for federal income tax purposes, as long as you did not receive any goods or services in return. AARS is a recognized IRS Section 501(c)(3) organization.

Why give to American Trust for Oxford University (ATFO)?

Many of us want to give to Oxford, our old college, or one of the Oxford institutions that we grew to love. While there are numerous development offices in Oxford these days, some of them are not recognized by the IRS as Section 501(c)(3) organizations; hence, contributions may not be fully deductible for U.S. income tax purposes.  Because the ATFO is a recognized IRS Section 501(c)(3) organization, contributions are fully deductible for federal income tax purposes.

The ATFO was established in 1928 for the purpose of receiving contributions and making grants for the benefit of Oxford University, its colleges, libraries, museums, and other constituent entities. AARS administers the ATFO; Neil Brown, a member of the AARS Board of Directors and Executive Committee, is the current administrator of ATFO. Gifts received by ATFO are distributed with due consideration as to the recommended recipient.

To Make a Donation to the AARS, Rhodes Trust or the American Trust for Oxford University:

Donors may contribute to the AARS online by clicking on the appropriate "Make a Donation" button at the top of this page.  Donors may contribute to the Rhodes Trust or the ATFO by check. The check should be made payable to the "American Trust for Oxford University (ATFO)" and mailed to: 

Neil Brown, Administrator
The American Trust for Oxford
c/o Association of American Rhodes Scholars
8229 Boone Boulevard, Suite 240
Vienna, VA  22182
Phone 866-746-0283/703-821-7377
Fax 703-821-2770